...is on the air!

My blog is of anything that pops into this brain of mine as well as what pops into other bloggers brains! If I read something I find interesting, I'll add it to mine and give credit, where credit is due!

Monday, August 17, 2009

About me....

How many years in radio: In total 5 years but was out of radio for 11 years….sheesh!

Family: Wife, Karna, and 4 kids, Anna, David, Stephen and Max

Interests/hobbies: Anything having to do with music. I collect CD’s, vinyl (that’s another word for the old 33 1/3 records) 45 rpm’s, etc. Also a HUGE Beatles fan and collector! See my myspace for pics!

Favorite Cool 105.7 artist(s): I gotta say, I love listening to the Gin Blossoms, HEY JEALOUSY and FOUND OUT ABOUT YOU. Never get tired of hearing or playing those. Love playing any John Lennon. Stevie Wonder.

Best Cool memory: MCing at My Waterloo Days '09. I also had the pleasure of interviewing Michael Lardie and Mark Kendall of Great White on my show on Saturday, May 30th. I then MC'd again that night and got to hang with Great White back stage before and after the show. It was very cool to bring Great White to the stage.

If you weren’t in radio, you would be working where/what: I would LOVE to own my own music store. I would carry not only CD's but vinyl (records) and sheet music, Music DVD's, games, instruments, etc. No such thing as a good music store anymore, y'know. One where you can find the WHOLE catalog from an artist or band, not just the greatest hits or the top seller. That would be great!

Pet Peeves: People who say “OFF-TEN” for the word “often”. C’mon people! The “T” is silent! Don’t ask why. Check Webster’s Dictionary.

Top 5 movies: High Fidelity (I honestly believe it was written about me) – A Hard Day’s Night (Beatles) – The Matrix (all of them) – Any James Bond (I know there’s more than 5, so I cheated) – Across the Universe.

Five CDs/albums you can’t live without: Toy Matinee (the most underrated, unknown album and band of all-time – look for it used or in cut out bins. You won’t be disappointed!) – Abbey Road (Beatles) – Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Beatles) – I Robot (Alan Parson’s Project) – Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd)

Why radio: I have a mind full of completely useless knowledge and trivia for music that does me no good anywhere else except a music store (save the independent music stores, please!!!!!!!) and radio.

What is your sign: Capricorn, baby…..What’s yours?

How do you relieve stress: Hug my kids, listen to music, talk to my wife, not always in that order. Who is the person you admire most and why: John Lennon for having the guts to stand up and say what needed to be heard, whether you liked it or not.

Who has influenced you most and why: My dad for being in tune with cutting edge music. As a kid I learned what was good and what wasn't... It was he that opened my mind to the passion (and sometimes obsession) of music and what it does to the human soul and in turn, the world.

Where would you go if money was no object: Liverpool, England to walk the streets that the Beatles walked.

Organizations/charities close to you: Wide Smiles - WIDE SMILES was formed to ensure that parents of cleft lip and palate-affected children do not have to feel alone. We offer support, inspiration, information and networking for families everywhere who may be dealing with the challenges associated with clefting.

What are you reading right now: Old issues of CIRCUS magazine! I loved these as a teen...The magazine went belly up in 2006....so sad....
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=157084120102

Parting words: “It’s better to burn out, than fade away.” Rock of Ages – Def Leppard, Pyromania, and the Kurgan (Clancy Brown, voice of Mr. Krabs on Spongebob Squarepants) in the movie "Highlander"

Please check out my blog and Album Cover of the Week! Have an idea for a category for my Top 100 list? Shoot me an email! sfoxx@cool1057.com

No comments:

Post a Comment