...is on the air!

My blog is of anything that pops into this brain of mine as well as what pops into other bloggers brains! If I read something I find interesting, I'll add it to mine and give credit, where credit is due!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Music meme...

1. What are you listening to right now?
I'm at work. KOKZ Cool 105.7 programming.

2. What song(s) make(s) you sad?
Cat's in the Cradle - Harry Chapin (always reminds me of dad), Mama's Arms - Joshua Kadison,  What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong,  Heaven -[Remix 9/11] DJ Sammy (you HAVE to hear this!), Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle, You'll Be In My Heart - Phil Collins (Tarzan Sndtrk.), You're Gonna Miss This - Trace Adkins, I'm sure there are more - I could do this all day...

3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
Oh, there are SOOOOO many! Anything by ABBA (sorry wife...)

4. Your all time favorite band?
All-time faves? The Beatles.

5. Your newly discovered band is?
Fleet Foxes

6. Best female voice?
Christina Aguilera.

7. Best male voice?
James Taylor

8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
Classic rock... Not just the radio cuts though. I get tired of those. Deeper cuts from the albums.

9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
Probably KISS or Motley Crue.

10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
Jazz or Adult Contemp. artists like James Taylor, Sarah McLachlan.

11. Last gig/concert you went to?
Great White at My Waterloo Days last summer. This weekend going to see Shawn Phillips .

12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
It will always be The Beatles I listen to most, but I get out different things all the time. I don't listen to one thing very often.

13. Most hated band?
Gotta go with ABBA (sorry again, wife)

14. Song that makes you think?
Depends on what you mean? There are so many songs that trigger memories for me. If you're talking conscious thought over something in particular, I'd say Sam Cooke's A Change is Gonna Come, Bille Holiday's Strange Fruit, Buffalo Springfield's For What It's Worth, Marvin Gaye's What's Goin' On, XTC's Dear God.... Again, I could go on and on...

15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?
Toy Matinee , Kevin Gilbert

16. Coolest music video?
Silent Lucidity - Queensryche... Oh, I could go on....

17. Music video with the most babe watch?
Christina Aguilera's Candyman! I can watch it all day and night.

18. What do you play/would you play in the bedroom to spice things up
Enigma - MCMXC a.D

19. Can you play a musical instrument?
A little guitar, drums.

20. Ever been in a mosh pit?
No.

21. Are you in a band?
Sure, in my mind.

23. Ever dated a musician?
Yup.

28. Do you wish yourself that you were a musician?
I wish I was much better at what I love.. Guitar. I don't have the gift to pick stuff up quickly. Singing I've got down!

29. Best chick band you know of?
The Runaways. The Bangles.

31. Last song that you heard on the radio/cd...etc...?
And We Danced - The Hooters (playing it on the radio now.)

32. What do you think of Classical music?
I love it. But have to be in the mood.

33. What do you think of Country music?
Most is crap. I like Johnny Cash, Willie Neslon, Patsy Cline, Merle Haggard, Lyle Lovett, Allison Krauss, Alan Jackson... Not much more than that.

34. What do you think of Death metal?
I like alot of it. I own alot. I have a VERY dark side. the macabre intrigues me.

35. Last BIG band that you saw live?
Besides Great White, Metallica 1996

36. Are you a groupie?
No.

37. Do you listen to music in foreign languages?
Rarely.

38. What famous musician would you like to sleep with?
Jessica Simpson. Just to start in one place. Then  Christina Aguilera, Lita Ford, Lady Gaga, Beyonce', Shakira.

39. Worst concert moment?
Nothing sucky ever happened to me at a concert.

40. Funny concert moment?
Saw V-Ice (yup, Vanilla Ice in his metal phase) and it was so loud in the small venue that I had to use 2 cigarette butts as ear plugs.

41. Sad concert moment?
Huh? What's sad about going to a concert?

42. Best local act you can think of?
The Blue Band (Bob Dorr)

43. If you were a musical instrument what would you be?
A guitar. I dig guitars.

44. Do you listen to the radio?
Yup. Juts not Top 40.

45. Do you watch music TV?
Yup! VH1 Classic, baby!

46. Do you follow the music charts, like the top 40?
Nope.

47. Have you met any famous musicians?
Yes. Cheap Trick, Shawn Phillips, John Mayall , Great White

48. Are any of your friends/family/etc. musicians?
I have lots of friends that are musicians as well as most of my family.

49. Song that best describes your feelings right now?
Earache My Eye - Cheech and Chong (Left ear hurts and is clogged due to my allergies.

50. Song that describes your life?
Love - John Lennon

51. Do you know the names of all the band members that you listen to?
Yeah, about 90%.

52. Does a musician’s physical attractiveness play a role in the music that you listen to?
No. Should it?

53. What famous musician do you want to marry?
Christina Aguilera

53. Favourite movie sound track?
Oh, wow.... There are so many. I'll say, Yellow Submarine.... for now.

55. Any musician pet hates?
Anyone who's forgotten the lean and hungry times before they got famous.

56. What do your parents listen to?
Mostly Classic rock, oldies and Blues.

57. What are you listening to right NOW?
Double Vision - Foreigner (playing it now on the radio)

58. Do you wear band etc T-shirts?
If I had any that fit. Hard to find rock Tees in XXL.

59. Do you cook to music?
Not usually.

60. Do you sing in the toilet?
Nope. Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment