...is on the air!

My blog is of anything that pops into this brain of mine as well as what pops into other bloggers brains! If I read something I find interesting, I'll add it to mine and give credit, where credit is due!

Monday, June 28, 2010

The Fall Guy

The Fall Guy TV show was a 60 minute action series on ABC about a movie stunt man who also worked as a bounty hunter to supplement his income. Sometimes he would also help people who were being abused by crooks.


Fall Guy Cast:

Lee Majors ............ Colt Seavers
Heather Thomas ........ Jody Banks
Douglas Barr .......... Howie Munson
Markie Post ........... Terri Michaels
Joann Pflug ........... Samantha "Big" Jack
Nedra Volz ............ Pearl Sperling
Robert Donner ......... Edmund Trench


Fall Guy Theme Song Lyrics


Title: The Unknown Stuntman

By: Glen A Larson, Gail Jensen, and David Sommerville


Well, I'm not the kind to kiss and tell,
But I've been seen with Farrah.
I've never been with anything less than a nine, so fine.

I've been on fire with Sally Field,
Gone fast with a girl named Bo,
But somehow they just don't end up as mine.

It's a death defyin' life I lead,
I take my chances.
I die for a livin' in the movies and Tv.
But the hardest thing I ever do,
Is watch my leadin' ladies,
Kiss some other guy while I'm bandagin' my knee.

I might fall from a tall buildin',
I might roll a brand new car.
'Cause I'm the unknown stuntman that made Redford such a star.

I've never spent much time in school,
But I taught ladies plenty.
It's true I hire my body out for pay, Hey Hey.

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I end up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey.

I might jump an open drawbridge,
Or Tarzan from a vine.
'Cause I'm the unknown stuntman that makes Eastwood look so fine.

Fall Guy Opening Narrative:

Recited by: "Lee Majors"

"This is the story of one of America's great unsung heroes. I mean you've seen him but you never knew who he was. You've cheered for him and cried for him and women have wanted to die for him. But did he ever get any credit or the girl? No! He's what we call the "Stuntman" and the reason I'm talking so fondly about him is, well because it's me, Colt Seaver. Anyway, picture work isn't wall-to-wall employment so maybe you wonder how a guy keeps his head together? Well, one way is to wait by the phone and wait and wait. The other is to take an occasional job with the court system of the United States of America where a man is considered innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately sometimes a lot of these people get out of jail on what we call bail and they'd run like hell!...and that's where I come in. I sometimes pick up rent money trying to find them and bring them back to justice...and that reminds me of a very interesting case."


I even had the Fall Guy Lunchbox! And who didn't have this poster of Heather Thomas?

5 comments:

  1. The Heather Thomas entrance through swinging saloon doors was one of the catalysts for my move into puberty.

    And I had Colt Seaver's pickup in Matchbox car form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I did too! Totally forgot that! Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with MC. I knew that there was some unknown reason why I watched the show. now it has become clear to me. I also had the pickup truck, matchbox car. I think it had some sort of eagle on the hood?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 🎶“But when I wind up hittin’ the hay, it’s only hay”🎶 (a yellow biplane with white wings runs through a farmyard then crashes into a barn). “Hey Hey!” (As Colt is thrown into the hay where as his body bounced once on the hay, he lifts and spreads his left leg out on top of the hay getting a feel of the hay between his legs before the boards fall covering his kinky deed. I thought this scene was sexually suggestive in the second season intro just as other scenes as Jody walking through the saloon doors in the house wearing only a scimitar bikini and the close-up view of a woman walking down the street wearing a denim mini skirt that went with the line 🎶”Cause I’m the unknown stuntman who made Redford such a star.”🎶 from the first season intro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interestingly enough, there were only 2 times Colt Seavers said “Hey Hey” in the theme song. First one was “It’s true I hire my body out for pay. Hey hey!” The second was “But when I wind up hittin’ the hay, it’s only hay. Hey hey! (alternatively Hey hay) as he is seen thrown into the hay and as he lifts and spreads his left leg open to the hay. The leather jacket definitely adds visual appeal to his suggestively kinky way of hitting the hay in the stunt.

    ReplyDelete